A few years ago, Maldives was just a dream. I could still remember how I spent hours in front of the computer looking at the picturesque photos of Maldives, wishing that someday, I would have the chance to see its beauty for real. Exactly one year today, my dream became a reality when Fly Dubai Flight FZ555 landed at Hulhumale International Airport… and nope, I was not with anyone, I went there alone.
Contrary to what most people think that it was lonely to go to a place (specially if its known as a honeymooners’ haven) without any company, I felt the opposite emotion. Although, it was a bit awkward when I saw my hotel room arranged for “lovers,” the excitement that I felt during that time was already enough for me not to look for anyone to share that could have been “romantic moments” in lovers’ paradise.
It was my first time to do a solo journey in a place that I had never been before. I thought I would be scared or sad, but I was not. I was happy. I was thrilled. I was healed.
Well, the reason I went to Maldives was because of my broken heart. I would not put it in details, but I wanted to tell what I have learned during my time in this beautiful archipelago:
1. Moments of solitude bring peace of mind and happiness to the soul.
2. Even the snobbish person on Earth (that was me) could gain friends with just a smile.
3. Fear is just a word, but adventure is my world.
4. Being single is not a problem, if you know how to have fun.
5. Remember what Peter Pan said “Just think of happy things and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land!”